Drip drip drip

Ok, an experiment! Can I blog from the cancer ward? I sit here iPad on lap, antibody dripping in slowly, room full of people, patients, techs, nurses. My machine is whirring like a tiny cement mixer. On second chemical now, 1 and quarter hours to go, drip drip drip. Can only type one handed, well, one fingered to be honest, tap tap tap.

Am reading an eBook on kindle, downloaded after seeing recommendation by PZ Myers downloaded 30 seconds later. So browsing Internet, listening to iTunes, hey ho what fun.

10 comments on “Drip drip drip

1. Barrie says:

Seems to work ok, getting you loud and clear hope you’re doing ok David.
    I don’t have a blog yet, like you but a new website which is OK, but I’m still testing it http://www.barriecollins.net/
    I’m also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Brainthesizeofaplanet

Keep an eye open for giant cockroaches and pink elephants!
    All the best.

Web site coming along well Barrie (couldn’t check it on ipad because of flash player use, just for info), look forward to seeing more.

Am just going to check out a giant pink cockroach, I may be a little while.

2. Gail says:

After the initial hysteria and terror of diagnosis, my daughter’s treatment became a little more routine (if still a nightmare). We would bring her to a cavernous room that was lined with rows of padded reclining chairs, where people would get their own personal chemical cocktail, knowing that in a few days she would be so miserable she wouldn’t be able to move. (She had R-CHOP, a nasty variant of chemo).

It’s all 5 years ago but life has never been the same. For one thing I saw first hand the collateral damage that society has deemed an acceptable price to pay for our addiction to chemicals and pollution. I also learned that with the insane profits being made by pharmaceutical companies and the rest of the cancer industry, there is almost no interest in finding out what causes cancer, but lots of money and glory to be found in the research into treating it.

Best wishes to you David…look, after all that, her hair came back more gorgeous than ever and her horse just came in 1st in the US for his class!

Looks like a good time was had by all at wedding! The hair certainly did come back! Having, these days, not much hair at all, I demanded that the doctor give me MORE hair, but he (with a lot more hair than me at a greater age) sadly just laughed, as they do.

I am on COP regime because of my heart condition (the major concern in terms of side effects). So far the side effects have varied each time but nothing too severe to bear. Just one more full cycle to go, then two with just the antibody treatment – woo hoo, nearly there!

• Gail says:

Perhaps you know then that climate hero Stephen Schneider opted for R_CHOP as the most aggressive treatment for his lymphoma, and then died shortly thereafter from a heart attack on a plane trip.

I doubt that the climate killers will be rid of you as easily as they’d like. They are evil. Stick around and keep kicking butt! Let us know when you have reached the end of the damn therapy, so we can all join with you in a virtual intertube celebration, please!

Knew about heart attack, not lymphoma treatment. Surprised they let him have full CHOP if heart problem known. Perhaps no option.

Virtual internet celebration? Sounds good. End of August till completely finished. But should have a pretty good idea in about a month after final full chemo and subsequent testing (including, double yuk, my second bone marrow biopsy, but it will tell the story, hopefully confirming blood test and CT scan results so far).

3. Geoff says:

Hang in there, kid

4. It’s a bugger. And a battle. Still, amazing what they can do with plastic hosing these days.